Friday, August 22, 2008

There She Goes ...

Maddie left for school today. She'll be 2200 miles away .....



“Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers …..

Slipping through my fingers all the time ……” ~ ABBA

Godspeed and love you bunches ....
See you in 114 days - not that I’m counting the days or anything ….

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there mom (and dad). Welcome to the world of children leaving home. Enjoyed the slide show, but where's the one of her on the roof watching fireworks?

Anonymous said...

Gave me goose bumps! It all comes too fast! Blessing to Amanda and her beautiful smile (Every photo she has the most beautiful smile!)

I hope she comes back at Thanksgiving to wait on 1-5 with you for ...how many hours..or were you one that jumped the fence!..I can't remember I was SLEEPING!!!!

WOW! What a wonderful time for her. Didn't we just graduate from college???

Canby Girl

Anonymous said...

I just put on mascara and then saw this post and now I have to go fix it~~~~you're all in my prayers and love you!~~~Susie

Anonymous said...

Grandma here!
Thanks for the lovely slideshow. It started my day in a sobbing mode. It's exciting for Maddie and that's what I'm trying to hold onto. God bless them both on their journey and college venture.

Anonymous said...

How can it be that she is on her way - onto a life without her parents by her side every step of the way? Just remember the prayers you have said on her behalf and the life skills you have taught her.

Love to you all - Kelly Andresen

Anonymous said...

Becky, Where is she going??? She must be very excited. I just found the letters you and Robin wrote before we met and started our college roomate adventures...
Hope she's as lucky as I was in the roomate department... Kari

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late on the comment here, but I thought I'd put in my two cents cause my mommy felt like this a mere six years ago when I drove away to college....and I've been back, eating her food and using her heater for four years now! ha!
Maddie and me are lucky young ladies who have fun and comfortable families we will ALWAYS want to come home to. And I have a feeling that she's become just as nostalgic as me, too... There's something about growing up with a love of the Beatles and all things old and interesting that makes you appreciate the specialness of home and family, I think.
So don't fret, cousin Becky. If my birthday twin is anything like me, she will be back:)