Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas Tree


One day I may want a smaller tree.  One day I may want an artificial tree.  But as long as I can get a Big Ole Honkin' noble for $15, then that's the tree for me us.  Oh ..... and as long as I have someone else to cut it, haul it out of the field and tie it to the top of the car, too ..... then that noble is coming to the Hilton house.

The trees at our regular Christmas tree farm are getting a little big - So big, that we left 1/3 of it still in the ground and tied 2/3 of it on top of the car and carefully drove it home. Trees always look smaller outside, don't they? Another 2 feet had to come off the bottom, to avoid a Clark Griswold Christmas Tree disaster.

Need to decorate during a power outage?  No problem!  Strap a head lamp onto Emma and she is a light stringing genious (or a real live minion)!



We have LOTS of ornaments (a teacher always does)  Jim and Joe actually helped hang ornaments.   LOTS of ornaments!  This is not a usual Christmas Tree decorating occurrence.  Why? Because what else are you going to do when the power is out and there is a naked tree in your living room? We hung all the ornaments by flashlight and candlelight. If you have ever had toddlers decorate a tree, then your tree probably had that one branch that held the bulk of the ornaments. Yea, that's how Jim decorates trees in the dark.  But that has since been corrected.  You see .... I have Christmas-Ornaments-Must-Be-Perfectly-Hung-in-a-Balanced-and-Randomized-Fashion Syndrome.  I also have No-Ornament-Must-Hang-Backwards syndrome, so if it has twisted itself incorrectly, then this has been resolved as well.  I continue to monitor the status of this as the season progresses ..... lol




Not bad for a $15 noble.

In other Hilton Christmas tree news, a tomato cage tree made it's debut this Christmas.


No Christmas cards were harmed during the writing of this posting!  (That's my lame way of admitting I didn't do Christmas cards this year .....)

Merry Christmas to all of our dear family and friends.  Eat cookies, Give hugs, Play games.
Hope, Peace and Jesus Joy to you all !

For more memorable Christmas Tree stories, click HERE.

No comments: