Sunday, October 04, 2015

The Silly Little Things of our Good and Blessed Lives ......

I have a long commute to work.
But I get to drive by this every morning:



This view is a daily reminder that there is good in everything ... even my long drive to work.

But I often forget about the good that is often hidden in all things .... for example:

This week I complained about .....

the wrinkle in my carpet
the sticky kitchen floor
the 4 pairs of shoes left in the living room
the dog's constant barking
too many tasks and too little time
an upcoming wisdom tooth extraction bill
shuttling to and from the high school a dozen times
             and a hundred other things ......

This week I am reminded ....

We get to live in a warm and safe home, carpet wrinkles and all.
We get to eat yummy, sticky treats from time to time (probably too many times ...)
We lack for nothing.  In fact we are spoiled.  We have too much of many things (like shoes, golfclubs, frisbees, stuff we never use in our garage and closets, etc, etc, etc)
We have a dog that loves us unconditionally and loudly!
We have work that is meaningful and keeps the day moving so going home comes quickly!
We have a dentist and insurance to make the pain better (physically and financially!)
We have places to go and important things to do and learn.
These little things are nothing compared to what others are hurting over ....

I need to be grateful.
Always.
The things I complain about doing are things I GET to do.
The things I complain about having (or NOT having) are usually ridiculous and/or temporary and/or surmountable

So if you are reading this, be grateful, too.
Be grateful.
Be grateful.
In all things give thanks.
And pray for those who have far bigger complaints than the silly little things of our very good and blessed lives.


No comments: