After 24 years of camping adventures, Jim and I actually camped ALONE for the first time ever. (Insert the sound of angels singing here .............)
| (The view from our site ..... ) |
| (Our still awesome 24 year old tent and Becky with her coffee) |
We managed to pick the most perfect 3 days to be on the Oregon Coast. While the Valley roasted in 100+ degree weather, we frolicked on several beaches at a perfect 75 degrees.
| (Perfect weather ..... did I say PERFECT?) |
And we found these near Yaquina Bay.
Have you ever seen these before? .......
There were hundreds of these wind formed sand castles - no 2 were alike. I'm sure there is some scientific, geological name for them, so if you are one of my science inclined friends, please tell me! .....You could crush them with your foot, pick them up in your hands (as demonstrated by Jim below) They were everywhere as far as the eye could see.
| (Jim and the crazy-what-in-the-world-are-these-thingy sand castles *click on this picture for a better view*) |
And nobody but US and the wind to enjoy them!!! Everyone else chose to bake in the Valley!
| (Close up of strange-need-to-know-what-these-are-called sand castle) |
We could not find a single shell/agate/piece of seaweed ... nothing. Just this beautiful, snow white, pristine sea foam at Gleneden Beach. Seriously, it looked like icing you could EAT, but I wouldn't recommend it.
We did find this amazing rock in Pacific City. I am disappointed to report that the name of this rock is Haystack Rock. I'm sorry Oregon, but that name is taken by the awesome monolith in Cannon Beach. Could we not call it something more original??? Oh well ....
| (Jim's amazing bicep ~ Pacific City) |
| (Sunset at Beverly Beach)) |
No comments:
Post a Comment