Thursday, August 07, 2014

Hold the Ketchup and Mustard!




 It's been YEARS since a Krew Quotable has been worthy enough to blog about .....

Join me as a recount for you the phone conversation I had with Joe as he reports to me how packing is going for his trip to Mexico with our church Youth Group ....

Joe:  "Hello awesome mother!" (ok .... no he didn't really say that, but I'll type it anyway)

Me:  "Hello, how is packing going?"

Joe: "Good.  I have 3 pairs of work jeans, 12 t-shirts, 6 athletic shorts, (at this point I tuned out a little as he ran down his list of essentials;  you get the picture,  but then he caught my attention with this little ditty) ......... and ... you know, those things .... I'm not sure what to call them, um, you know .... I guess I'll just say ..... condiments?"

Me: (pause, pause, thinking, thinking, thinking)  .... "con  di  ments?????"

Joe: " Yah ... condiments.  Those things."

Me:  (At this point I KNOW he is not saying what one might THINK he is trying to say.  And because I speak and understand Joe-ish very well I was able to remedy the confusion quite easily.)  "Um .... do you mean toiletries, like shampoo, soap and such???"

Joe:  "Oh!  Yes, that's it, toiletries!"

Me:  (laugh laugh laugh ... probably even a snort in there, too).

 That's my awesome Joe.  He is one witty fella.

This morning he leaves for Mexico. With all of his "condiments" safely packed in a duffel bag.

And he is so excited to find out what a tarantula wasp looks like and what it feels like to work in 100+ degree heat while wearing pants.

Most importantly, he gets to help and connect with others who need Jesus-Hope.

See ya in 12 days Joe!

To read other silly things the Krew has said, you can click on "KrewQuote" in the label cloud on the right side of the blog, because this blog is cool like that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! Smart guy!-----taking along "condiments" - for "protection" - against dirty hair, perspiration, etc.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and toothbrush and toothpaste are very important condiments - Susie
( first comment was me too)