 |
| 2 of my favorites in 1964 ~ daddy and thumb sucking |
My earliest memories of my dad were in an Alpha Beta grocery store in Laguna Hills, California. I would ride the cart in with mom, from the farthest away parking spots (mom liked to avoid the parking lot "traffic"). The noisy cart would rattle and bounce on the black top making my ears hum by the time we reached the smooth tile floor in the store. Eventually, we would find my dad who was the Store Manager there. He would always pick me up and let me reach into his shirt pocket for un-shelled peanuts. He probably put them there to snack on during the day, but I was so certain back then that he had put them there for me. I remember thinking to myself in awe every time my fingers found a peanut, "How did he know I was coming today to put those peanuts there to wait for me? Well, he must love me so very much."
I believed that all of my days with him. Oh how I miss him .........
Happy Father's Day as you remember and love on your dads.
1 comment:
Becky---he DID put them there just for you! One of the all-time most sincerely loving dads ever----you all know how blessed you were. ----- Susie
Post a Comment