What does one need when living across the street from this field? How about a house with 5 large windows to watch the field. We have done this for 18 years.
This field has been our stage to watch ....
- an australian shepherd rounding up a herd of sheep
- long grain-y looking plants grow, be cut, dried out and baled up by interesting looking tractors (I'm sure there is a real name for this plant and the process it goes through ... is my California-girl showing?)
- crop duster planes flying back and forth, just above the ground
- a hang glider and hot air balloon landing
- crop burning at night
- a white barn owl that would hunt mice at dusk for a few years
- the most spectacular complete double rainbow ever seen
- sun set after sun set ....
Now the field has been transformed into a tree orchard and we will get to watch these -
Hazelnuts or peaches? Definitely not palms. I did walk out to take a peek at what the funny looking carton wrapped around each trunk might reveal .... and here is what I saw ......
Hazelnuts or peaches? Definitely not palms. I did walk out to take a peek at what the funny looking carton wrapped around each trunk might reveal .... and here is what I saw ......
Hmmmmm ... an orange grove (my California-girl showing once again)? Wouldn't that be something? But probably not .... will have to wait and see.
1 comment:
the field! we have had children family pictures in that field. maddie and i used to go collect the grain and pretend it was wheat to make bread....o the memories
love that field
Post a Comment