Friday, August 05, 2011

Reunions and the Class of '81


'Tis the season of my (cough!)30(cough!) year high school reunions. But since I'm a misfit who attended TWO high schools - one for the first 3 years and a new school for my Senior year (worst. year. of. my. life. not recommended for anyone), I just skip the reunions. If there had been facebook back then, would I have stayed in better contact with the friends that I ate, lived, and breathed high school with? If I were chatting with my class of 1981 buddies, what would we reminisce about...?

Maybe I would ask Janna what she did with our dissected frog from biology class that she snuck home in her purse to study for the test? Did Quenby finally fall in love? She was always laughing, or gasping, or ready to faint. Judy and I liked the same boy in school which caused some drama in my high school heart, but she was fun and the first in our group to get her license - our ticket to the beach! Karen always did the right thing and she was smart. Terri and I complained about this little town of Canby and how it paled in comparison to our lovely, warm California high schools. How did we survive a school change for our Senior years????? And then there was Maggie ~ quiet but strong and funny. I imagine she relied on those attributes to help her battle the cancer that I've learned recently took her.

Oh my. Alot of life goes by in 30 years. Hopefully facebook will redeem some of the years while some reunions just wait until Heaven.

Congratulations Class of '81 ~ I hope 30 years have been good to you!

No comments: