
Oh gosh .... here it is July and my last post was in April. Wasn't it my goal to post at least once a month???? Oh well. At least I have done better than the 2010 blog count.
July is my month to do all things Summer. It isn't surprising to find Sun Tea, a smokin' BBQ, and the hose in ready postition to water thirsty plants at the Krew house during my precious few weeks of NO SCHOOL.
But today it is RAINING and I almost put on a SWEATER!!! (caps are on because those words contain some SHOUTAGE as I type ....) It's possible that I may even make SOUP for DINNER!
So on this rainy summer day I am reminiscing about my Summers with two little girls. The 3 of us spent many Summer hours swimming in the pool with the barbies, playing with playdoh on the picnic table, and eating frozen treats.
In fact, one of my favorite Summer memories was the day I first showed them how to make popsicles out of grape juice - we filled paper cups with juice, covered the cups with foil, and poked a popsicle stick through the foil before freezing.
And then, when the time came for them to be ready, the girls would take them out on the porch and proceed to show me how they could make grape juice out of them.
Oh what fun! C'mon SUNSHINE!! GIVE ME SOME POPSICLE MAKING WEATHER!!!
And if anyone knows how to convince a 12 year old barefootaphobic boy that socks are NOT to be worn with sandals, I would be very appreciative.
No comments:
Post a Comment