Wednesday, April 27, 2011

24 Hours and a Kitchen Floor


The linoleum floor in our house displays a unique quality as soon as it is mopped. The gravitational force seems to be magnified once the protective layer of grime is removed. In just under 24 hours, we had 3 gravity induced events on our newly cleaned floor. First, a Costco sized salad dressing bottle leaped onto the floor from the refrigerator and sprayed ranch dressing like a thick gooey fountain onto Emma (see photo). I even measured the distance the farthest dollop of dressing flew - over 12 feet! I couldn’t get a final measurement because the freakish gravity pulled the measuring tape right out of it’s housing! Then, one of my new fiesta ware plates jumped right out of Jim’s hands and broke. The final event I can’t go into too much detail about, but lets just say Jude the dog endured quite a frightage in our utility room, and the result was quite nasty. Yes, all this in just 24 hours. Never a dull moment around here. :0) I think we will stick to sweeping.

2 comments:

lyndsay said...

it must be something akin to the magnetized pull of Hatch!

Anonymous said...

gravitational anomaly? magnetic pole shift? a haunting? poltergeist? Bro Bob