
So I am riding in the car with a few other mommies and our teen-ish aged charges, when a comment is made about the new theatre in town. I ask, “Where is this theatre?” Teen replies: “Right off the freeway at the exit you take to go to Six Flags.” I sit perplexed, in the back seat thinking, did she say 'Six Flag's like in ‘Magic Mountain Six Flags‘? There’s a 'Six Flags' here? This is Oregon for Pete’s sake.
Then I watch as teen girl #1 leans into teen girl #2 and quietly comments “Its always the old people who don’t know where the theatres are.” I lean into teen girl #1’s mother and ask, “Did you hear that? I’m ‘old people’ now, it’s official.” The mother replies, “Oh, don’t take it too hard. I’ve been ‘old people” for years at our house.” I snicker and continue, “Well, it will make for a fun entry in my blog anyway ……”
And then I woke up.
How about that? I dreamed I would blog. So I felt obligated to wake up at 5:15 in the morning and share it with all 3 of you who read my blog.
Since I can’t post a blog entry without a picture, I am including the one picture I have from Six Flags - a tin print from the Old Time's booth back from when I was crushing on Jim. We had our first kiss there on top of the Free Fall ride that had gotten stuck at the very top. For several minutes we dangled over the edge that would drop us 10 stories back down - NOT what this girl who is deathly afraid of heights would normally do, but I had to impress the guy.
Can anyone identify the 2 others in the picture?
8 comments:
Well, the girl is Sandra...........
but I can't get past what I must be if you are "old people" and I used to change your diapers? love ya, Susie
It's Sandra and Bob!
And you can't be even close to 'old' because I'm not and I used to change your diapers! Susie
Is this my third comment? I mean it, I am NOT old nor am I forgetful.....Susie
Oh Susie! You make me laugh!
I just came across your tintype picture. I was surfing the internet for information on Jack the Ripper circa 1888 and decided to check out the krew blog. How appropriate the picture is. Bob is here in my room and he helped me identify the guy on the left. What a neat picture. No, you are not old...yet. However, I am. Luv, Mom
i knew it was them! that's a great picture and a great first kiss story...aaw!! -kayla
Becky, it's now time to leave Dreamland and come up with a new blog. Pull yourself away from facebook and create yet another of your creative stories on blogspot. It's been months already! Get on it ---NEW BLOG NEW BLOG NEW BLOG NEW BLOG!!!
susie
OMG. This picture Sat on Sandra's dresser FOREVERRRR. So long it actually faded. Love reading your blogs. Janice
Post a Comment