Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another Shower Story



I’ve decided that weekend showers are just not what I have ever dreamt they should be. If you are a mother, you might agree, that somewhere in your house, there just might be some kind of secretly positioned sensor that alerts all children present that you have entered the bathroom. When this sensor is activated, a child representative of the family, makes a mad dash to the bathroom and proceeds to begin a conversation through the door. This has been happening at the Hilton house for 2 decades now.

Well today when the Hiltonkrew bathroom sensor alerted Joe that I had stepped into the bathroom, he attempted to discuss something with me through the door just as I had tuned the shower spray to the perfect temperature. Here is the conversation, as best as I could interpret (as once again, I can not hear well through shower noise):

Joe: (bang bang banging on the door) "Hey mom!!!"
Me: "Joe? …… I’m in the shower. What’s wrong?"
Joe: "Blah blahblah blah tomorrow blahblah blah ….."
Me: (pause... - trying to decode the blahblah’s) "Are you ok? Do you need the bathroom?"
Joe: "No, blahblah blah and blahblah blah-diddy-blah school blahblah?"
Me: "I can’t hear you Joe, I’m in the shower, is this an emergency?"
Joe: "No, but blahblahblah-diddy-blah blahblah?"
Me: "What? No, Joe. I can not hear you. Go talk to your dad. He’s here, he can help you."
Joe ….. (Silence).
Me: (Whew)

So, I finish up and then decide to check on what was so important that Joe had to ask during my shower.

Me: "So Jim … did Joe find you? He was asking something about school, tomorrow, or something while I was taking my shower just as fast as I could of course, as to not waste water and fill our precious septic tank."
Jim: "Oh yea, he found me …. he asked me how long you were going to be in the shower ……"

ACK! Obviously he is either a Shower Police Apprentice or there are just some things that only a mom can answer.

1 comment:

CK said...

You are so funny! I know exactly what you are talking about! We would always do that to my mom!!