Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Love Me Some Black Friday

 


The perfect Black Friday plan is in reach. Maybe even next year! Soon our group will have had so much experience doing this several different ways and times that we will know exactly what works the very best. I can't divulge the details here as they are highly confidential and sharing them would compromise our future results. But this I can tell you .... a well fed and rested team and access to coffee are a MUST! Our group of 7, including 3 generations, were up and out the door by 3:30 am this time around! (We ditched the Moonlight Madness idea due to high incidents of road rage, claustrophobia, and delirium by breakfast time as was the case last year. Read about THAT experience at the November 2007 link at the right.) Jim and Bob held down the fort while we played , slaved away trying to make the upcoming Christmas less stressful for all by getting a handle on the gift shopping. As always, it was a fine way to spend time with the ladies I love to call my family!!! Thanksgiving just isn't the same without our Black Friday! (But WE MISSED MADDIE!!!!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

75 year old grandma here!
I'm almost recovered from the after thanksgiving day shoppin run on Black Friday which cost me two days of no sleep. I did make three new friends from my bench at the entrance of Kohl's. Of course, I'll never see them again, but that's okay. I'm game for next year, God willing and the creek don't rise. Luv, Gramma Jo

Barb said...

Hi Becky,

I couldn't find an email link for you, so I thought I'd run over real quickly and answer you question. No. You don't refrigerate the friendship bread starter. If you do it won't ferment.

If you aren't ready to use your starter after you make it, THEN you refrigerate it until you are. The day you take it out of the fridge is day number one.

Don't worry - you won't poison your family. LOL

Anonymous said...

I too, am waiting for that some-day PERFECT Black Friday, where we pick the magic moment of no traffic, no lines, nothing sold out, finding all we came for, all the while feeling chipper and alive. That day will come, we'll keep perfecting it. and yes, indeed, we missed Maddie and Mishell this year............