Saturday, June 07, 2008

Palm Tree Massacre

For a while .... I was confident and hopeful ...

Can you see that 2, not 1, but 2 NEW fronds WERE emerging from the trunk of my previously pillaged palm? For 2 whole weeks, I was able to remove the barricade. But I falsely put my trust in the little white flags. (The little white flags warn the palm-tree- mauling-puppy who is also a fence-climbing-puppy, that she is getting too close to where we have installed an invisible fence that will "correct" her if she goes beyond the flags ....) For 2 lovely weeks, I had fooled her into thinking she should not enter the palm tree zone.

But obviously .... she was not fooled for long ....


And another massacre ensued ....


So today was palm tree moving day ..... welcome to your new home little palm and may you take kindly to being transplanted beside the calla lillies and grow many fronds in your puppy safe corner of the yard!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... sorry Bec! Good idea moving the tree. Dogs!

Anonymous said...

Hey JUDE!
How come you are so rude?
You know palms are not food!
You are ruining Becky's mood!
You're acting like a real bad dude!
If you don't behave you may be sued!
Already you are being booed!
Stay away from the palm tree Jude!

Becky said...

Dear Anonymous
HA!
Thank you for making me laugh! If I work at it really hard I can almost sing it to the Beatles Jude tune!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your Palm Tree Massacre and am so sorry. Jude acts just like a puppy. Some day the palm tree just might reach a great enough height and get revenge on poor Jude. Grandma