Wednesday, April 02, 2008

BoYz



How can such cute little boys make such rotten smells?
..... and do arm pit tricks that mimic rotten smell sounds?
..... and belly laugh as if you, the mother, will think it is enjoyable in any way????

But I digress .....

I pulled out this spelling test from Joe's backpack today. Imagine my surprise when I wondered why all of the words were marked wrong with a red pen. Thankfully Joe explained that this was an attempt to find Spelling Bee worthy contestants. All students were tested. See if you can figure out what the words were from Joe's good effort. (it's kind of fun - that is if you are a wordy kind of person like me!):
13, 14, 28 and 29 have me stumped. Any guesses?

1. seenyer
2. persistet
3. complat
4. diyinotits
5. plack
6. dinjy
7. simimin
8. docsin
9. reffutaisn
10. earagate
11. inqonvent
12. yonananis
13. qin
14. meddin
15. tunng
16. sistum
17. bistket
18. sonna
19. qoppill
20. moseto
21. simalarte
22. cason
23. dallya
24. axsem
25. gigatit
26. miniqer
27. macone
28. plezet
29. sotittdle
30. continason
bonus: tracalizer

Needless to say, Joe will NOT be competing in the Spelling Bee. "But my teacher said I almost got alot of them right!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma here!
This is what comes of teaching kids to spell phonetically. Of course I'm from the Ooooold school of spellin by picturing the word in my head. You know how crazy the English language is. such as "unique" which phonetically is unik. And "phonetic" can by fonetik. How about "head" or hed. I could go on and on. I think I figured out about half the words on the list. Can't blame Joe, its a crazy language. Slovak by the way is phonetic, notice?

Anonymous said...

Gawsh Jo poot a hole lat ov gud f-ert intwo hiz spelig teste !!
He no's moor wurds then ME !!
Yoo shud bee soe prowd of himm !!
luve, Cuzzin Soosie

Anonymous said...

My guesses.....? I could be right?Ask the teacher for a list. Who is Joe's teacher?

#14 Maiden

#28 Pleasant

Annonymous Canby Girl

Anonymous said...

maybe # 13 is GIN!!

ACG

Becky said...

Ooooo I like your #14 guess, that makes sense. And I think the same for #28. Yes, a list from the teacher would be good for our curious minds. Ms. Daniels is his teacher.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky
Is pleasant one of the words?- maybe #28. (I can't remember which # it was... The horrors of the English language!
I am so amazed at your cool blog. I feel so, so inaddecwat. See you tomorrow-
Love,
Kerry

Tammy said...

Visiting from Susanne's blog...when you mentioned being from the NW too, I just had to pop over and say hello.
I'm in Oregon...and hasn't this weather been crazy? Snow, hail sleet...and it's almost May!

Anyway, nice to meet you. Stop over and say hello if you have time!

Blessings,
~Tammy