This is my palm tree.
It is 5 years old.
I love palm trees - they remind me of warm tropical places, lazy beach days, and my happy days in Southern California.
You might be wondering why this palm tree looks so sickly.
(Yesterday, it was very palm tree like with multiple fronds.)
This is the 8 month old puppy.
It will be lucky if it survives to be 5 years old.
Apparently, she thinks it is fun to pounce upon, attack and shred poor defenseless palm tree fronds when no one is looking.
I am extremely annoyed by this.
If you look closely, you may see tabasco sauce dripping from the remaining palm tree fronds in our attempt to correct this anti palm tree behavior. I will let you know how it goes. Any puppy vs palm tree correction tips would be very much appreciated.
(And if you scroll down to my August post, just neveryoumind how cute she was when we thought having a puppy would be all fun!)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Happy Palm Sunday tomorrow anyhow!
4 comments:
"Baaaaaaad Dog!" - Emma
That was a howl! Pun intended.
Yikes, I have no puppy vs. palm tree remedies, but I do appreciate the laugh..or sort of laugh on your part. If I hear of anything I'll let you know. Maybe they have some tips in Belize. I will check when I go down there in 2 weeks.
The NW version of Palms seems to be ferns...for some reason everyone thinks that these are comparable when teaching the lessons on Palm sunday..I tend to think the ferns are sporous and allergenic! (Maybe it is just an excuse to get the yard work done during this time of year!) Perhaps you could fool cute little puppy into a NW tradition of liking ferns instead of "Pawlm" trees! PS My Palm tree is one year old and our two year old pup has not discovered the joy of pouncing Pawlms. No howling from the Hilton neighborhood tonight! All I can sya is Naughty Puppy!!!
Can you spray it with spray that keeps animals from ....urinating on plants? Just a thought.
Annonymous Canby Girl
To Anon Canby Girl -
Well now if this is who I think it is, your puppy isn't tall enough to reach the fronds of a palm tree since it's the size of a rat! And wouldn't you know it - Jude could care less about the ferns in the yard!
I'll keep that spray in mind if the tabasco isn't working.
Post a Comment