Saturday, March 11, 2006

World, this is Rigby. Rigby, this is World.


"Rigby" came to live at our house last Christmas thanks to Maddie's boyfriend, Levi. Since Maddie is quite the Beatle's fan, she chose to name her Russian Tortoise after one of their songs. So whenever Rigby gets in trouble, of course Maddie can call her by her full name with her very stern and irritated voice .... "Eleanor Rigby." Oh .... wait ....she doesn't get in trouble because she happens to be the best pet ..........
She DOESN'T ............
bark, shed, have fleas, scratch, bite, pull the cookies off the counter to eat them, jump on grandma, scatter the garbage, leave piles in the yard to step in later, fight the neighbors cat at 2 in the morning, get stuck in trees, chew on the hose or the picnic table corners, steal my favorite seat on the couch, track mud on the living room carpet, tempt fate by crossing the street in front of speeding cars or outrun us when escaping (which she doesn't/can't do anyway)!
She DOES bask in her warm heat lamp, nap a lot, burrow and "runs" from commotion (Joe) or stressful situations. Hmmmmm ..... I think I might like to BE her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Maddie,

You are truly related to me. Larry and I had 7 turtles at one time and you too can achieve this! I also think you would really enjoy an iguana, a house iguana that gets to walk around the house. Your mom lived with my turtles for awhile so she will not have any problem with all your reptiles. And I've seen where your Dad grew up with the sheep in the kitchen b/c he was too little to live outside. He also had I think, 24 dogs.

Love you much, but maybe love Rigby more.

Love, Donna

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Beatles fan, I love the turtle's name, ER (Eleanor Rigby).