Monday, March 30, 2026

Stars, Hands, Names and the unNamed

John 15:13 ~ Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

This past week I walked through honored spaces marked by remembrances of men and women who secured America's freedom.  To see these symbols and landmarks - to touch these names and reflect - humbles my heart.  I can hardly wait for "flag season" on my driveway (Memorial Day through Veteran's Day).

My marine veteran dad taught me to shake hands and to share words of gratitude to veterans whenever I have the opportunity -  I shook the hand of a vet at Arlington who replied "It was my honor.  Thank you for sending me" ...

May we always remember the cost of our freedom and be enormously grateful.

Photos:
Top - Vietnam Memorial Wall
Left - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery
Right - Iwo Jima Statue at the Marine Corp War Memorial
Bottom - Wall of Stars at the WWII Memorial

Freedom 250


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Special time there. Humbling indeed.