Wednesday, May 15, 2024

At the end of the Driveway

 

Something unexpected and spectacular happened this past weekend. It started with a very nerdy text from brother Bob as I was drifting off to sleep ...."Aurora Borealis .... you are within the visibility cone ....coronal mass ejections .... between 2 and 5am all weekend"

 A.M.?????  I was just a bit conflicted .... cozy slumber of night or ...... a walk to the end of the driveway in the dark to peek towards Portland ..... sleep was definitely tipping the scales but lucky for me, Jude's incessant barking for a 2am pee break made the decision for me.

I almost didn't see it  .... but when I looked at the photo in the morning, I saw the colors and the streaks.  My photo isn't as amazing as the multitude of others posted online the next day, but just seeing something I never dreamed I would see was a thrill.  I regret not watching a little longer to see the shimmer and the dance of light .....

It reminded me of a question I heard recently, "Why do whales breech?" and the answer that was given:  "Because nature praises it's Creator."  So many beautiful and amazing things out there - the praise of the One who made them.

Psalm 148: 1-14
Praise the LORD!  ......... Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars!  Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!  Let them praise the name of the LORD!  For he commanded and they were created." 

Thank you Jude.
Thank you Bob.
Thank you God.

No comments: