Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Village Wars

Darth Vader - place-keeper for something coming ...

Christmas snow villages are festive.  Lovely. Serene.  I remember the one at Uncle Dan and Aunt Carol's home on the chest in the entryway.  As a little girl growing up in California,  it was my Christmas wish to live in one of the snow covered cottages with soft lights glowing from each window .....

For almost twenty years now, my sister Jenny and I have been in friendly competition to display the most spectacular Snow Village in each of our homes.  Poor brother Bob is the creator and maker of the mountain ranges, forests, cliffs and bluffs. Some years, refittings and updates are needed when there is a relocation or move involved. He does his best to remain neutral while giving both families the best possible village.  (Sorry Bob).  These are NOT your typical snow villages.  Not when space craft (and future additions already ordered on Amazon) are involved.

At times it evolves into Village Wars with abductions, sabotage and even ransom notes.  Other family members are pulled into the shenanigans at times - a few who wish to remain anonymous ... for now.  However, I don't know how long that will last .....

We may have to write up a formal truce for our Christmas Eve gathering.  But after that ..... no one knows ....

I love you Jenny.  Forgive me in advance.  I'm not sure for what yet .....

Bob.  Village Founder.

No comments: