Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Hello Swedes & Slovaks


Grandma Mary (the baby & child in the photo) and my Great Grandparents from Czechoslovakia

For some unknown reason, my Blogger stats tell me that I had over 100 hits on this blog one day last week from Sweden.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't 100 Swedes reading my blog, but maybe one lost soul in Sweden trying to find a Hilton Hotel and clicked 100 times to try to get out of here.   

I've never been to Sweden, but when I think of Sweden I think of ABBA, my most favorite group when I was 16 or 17 which explains why I love the Mama Mia movies.  Of course I also think of Ikea and meatballs.    I even googled Sweden just now and read about the Midnight Sun - the one day in the most northern region of Sweden, during summer that the sun doesn't dip below the horizon and there is daylight for 24 hours.  Celestial orbs always grab my attention ~ I think I'd really like to see that.

So now I'd like to visit Sweden.  Maybe that was the plan.  Some marketing robot nudging my interest.

And if you ARE from Sweden, and you really ARE here intentionally reading my blog, then HELLO!

I hope someone from Slovakia will visit ....I am a Slovak afterall and would love to visit there ... one day.

*Note about the photo above - my Grandma, Mary Profant is the baby and the little girl in this photo - Slovak photo shopping at it's finest!

No comments: