Frolf.
The perfect marriage of frisbees and golf ~ a Hilton family favorite activity.

We had our 2nd annual Family Father's Day Frolfing game today. I've had several friends look at me with confusion as I try to explain what Frolfing actually is .... so in case that's YOU, read on, and at the same time see how we like to spend Father's Day.
1. First, you need a disc golf course. Usually this means, there is a laid out course with fairways and platforms like these:
As you can see, sometimes there are trees to maneuver around as well as blackberry brambles to avoid, and the mighty Willamette River to keep out of . Unfortunately, this isn't always possible, so EXTRA discs are always handy.
2. Speaking of discs, here we are last Father's Day displaying our discs of choice. (Please note, DO NOT PLAY CATCH WITH FROLFING DISCS - THEY CAN MAIM, DISFIGURE AND KNOCK YOUR TEETH OUT) Yes, you can use your faithful Wham-oh frisbee like the one I learned to throw with at the beach (I like the smooth and floaty flight it takes), but frolf discs will probably get to the basket in fewer throws.
3. Here is your target - an elevated basket at the end of each "hole". We only count the throws that are over parr. We make certain belligerent players add points when they insist on "do-overs" or other forms of cheating that might be attempted.
Sounds simple, right? I don't even remember who won. We just spent our time enjoying family and celebrating fathers ....



No comments:
Post a Comment