Saturday, November 03, 2012

Reasons and Seasons



"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning.
It's time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me,
Let me be singing when the evening comes ...."

Fall requires adjustment for this Sunshine loving girl.  I regretfully let go of the long warm days of Summer and grumble as the rain and the muck begins to find it's place in the yard.  But it's not too long before I concede once again that Fall really is a beautiful season. Sure enough, I am commenting on the colors of the leaves along with everyone else and looking forward to my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  I'm sure I would never love Summer as much without Fall to measure it by.

This week my family has been working through something very hard - we tried to help a neighbor during an accident and the outcome was the worst imaginable.  Regardless of this,  the days have marched on, and Thanksgiving has been ushered into my heart and mind without question - just like Fall after Summer. I was reminded for the umpteenth time that God gives us each other to love on and to care for ~ especially during those moments when we don't like or don't understand the reason or His plan.  

But I am Thankful for the countless reasons for Joy that God gives.
And to recognize the Joy, I have to measure it against moments that have hurt.  

HE is where I will continue to put the broken pieces of my heart when it hurts because He will restore it once again.
You can put yours there, too.

and be Thankful .....

(click below to hear 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman)



No comments: