Saturday, December 18, 2010
Finally a Post (and attempted slide show :0)
This year, the blog suffered from a severe famine. I think I have finally discovered why.
I'm a camera snob. My trusty canon has finally fallen from my favor. It has become persnickety, only working some of the time, and definitely not working well when it does. So ...... without good pictures, I simply lose the drive to blog. Or .... maybe it's because of the lack of snow last winter and the tumult of rain in the Spring and Summer - 2010 was NOT the weather year that I enjoy. I need a good freeze with measurable snow, and an adequate duration of Summer with at least one fabulous, frisbee throwing beach day.
So can I blame my blog vacation on a bad camera and/or the weather?
If I HAD blogged more in 2010, here are some very abbreviated posts that I might have written ....
A NEW Palmtree - thank you COSTCO!!!!!! -
"Chuck" at the local Costco helped us secure the last palm tree in their store in which we stuffed sideways into the back seat of our Camry (fronds poking out the window and all). It is safely flourishing behind a protective barricade and away from Jude, the palm tree killing dog. My previous palm tree was finally relocated to the compost pile.
Wedding for Amanda and Levi
The highlight of the year - August 1, 2010 - perfect weather, no bugs, family and friends coming from everywhere, a Genuine Labor of Love, 700 cupcakes, candles, sparklers, Star Wars music, dancing, a beautiful daughter and a fabulous new son-in-law - Click below for a slideshow. This is my first attempt at a slideshow SET TO MUSIC (This song was Levi and Maddie's first dance). Hopefully you can see and hear the day. You might need to click once or twice or even pound on your keyboard a little! (All photos taken by Jeff Hinds.)
Empty
All of a sudden, the house is missing the two girls that once bantered over barbies, hair, and clothes. I am out numbered by boys for the first time in my life. The little boy is not so little anymore - he has graduated from the running-to-hug-me-stage, even in public, to the quick-acknowleging-nod stage (hoping no one will see).
Shame on you, Mr. Nikon Camera Stealer
A so not very nice thing to happen to a very nice Emma and her nice new Nikon D60 camera.
Sisters
A very nice thing for the big sister to do for her little sister - loan her HER Nikon D60 camera (why do these girls have such nice cameras and mine sucks???!)
Everyone should have their own personal Chef and Masseuse
Oh wait a minute. I DO!!! Even if he likes to add cayenne pepper to almost EVERYTHING!
So now .... you are back up to speed on the Hilton Krew. Merry Christmas and may there be many days of Joy in the new 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Bec ... nice posts. I couldn't get the slide viewer to work :(.
What do you think I'm doing wrong?
Great job on the slide show----took me back to the wedding!
And so glad to see you blogging again--don't blame the camera; you had a wedding on your mind for half the year,for heaven's sake! Love you lots, Susie
Merry Christmas, Becky! I hope you and your family have great joy, peace, and warmth in your hearts and your home. God Bless!
- Cindy Gurley Schaffer
Post a Comment