Can you guess what RHYMES with FINE, DIVINE, SHINE and SUBLIME???
How about .......(((((((drum roll please)))))) .............
BENIGN!!!!!!
I had my follow up appointment Thursday at OHSU and the official report says Barnabas Collins (aka the brain tumor) is benign.
And if you are curious at all about the ridiculous fungal ball (also called a mycetoma if "fungal ball" is just too disgusting to say), read on. I learned last week that it truly was 100% fungus. Why? How? Huh? Who knows .... but it is GONE and will probably never come back. God truly knows how I appreciate a sense of humor and He has one, indeed. In my life, laughing is really a good thing. So thank God for fungus.
I have one sentimental moment to share during my hospital stay. As I was waking up in the ICU after my surgery, the TV was on and I noticed it was a football game: Ohio State vs. Michigan. My dad used to tape these two football rivals when they would play each other, so waking up to that was almost like having him in my room. Of all the football teams and all the tv channels; I think it was just one of those God gifts - what a comfort to think of my dad at that moment ..... and the Buckeyes won if I remember correctly!
Thanks for reading the blog during our Fall 2009 adventures. Time to bring on a NEW and HEALTHY year!!!
Thank you Bob, for hijacking the blog and keeping everyone in the know in your clever and loving way. (Don't you think he needs his own Blog now?)
Thank you ALL for praying! I have never felt so covered!! What a blessing!
Thank you God for providing peace and healing and fabulous family and friends!
WHEW! Time to pray for some SNOW!!!!!
As much as I would love for you to believe that this post's photo is MY palm tree .... it is not. This is my brother's Mark's palm tree under last year's December snow. It daily waves to me from over the fence and taunts my puny pathetic tree.
5 comments:
Becky-------so very very thankful that you are better than ever!!
Yes, Bob needs his own blog!
And I loved the Buckeye gift from God--no doubt that's what it was. I absolutely love those unique moments He gives us for comfort.
And your palm tree is more adorable than Mark's. (isn't that what palm trees aspire to be? adorable?)
love you lots, Susie
Praise The Lord for the great results. I'll keep praying for the continued improvement. Love, Mom
hooray for your good news. it is a great time of year for GOOD NEWS ... celebrating the birht of Jesus and celebrating the results of your surgery! God is SOOO good!
love you - the andresen family :)
Spencer and I enjoyed reading of your 'mini' vacation's results. Knowing this fabulous relief ripples way over here.
GOD alone is worthy of praise and whew, how cool to enjoy such a gift at Christmas! Of course this is a reminder of eternity, and the beauty there, but I must admit the predictability for an early arrival being postposted is wonderful. :-) How blessed!
We love you lots, Sonja and fam. and Merry Christmas!!
Becky and Family.
I love you guys and thanks to emma for my recent discovery of you in the blogging world. what a good surprise. Thanks for loving that odd neighbor girl from down the road. I'm so glad everything turned out well and safe.
Love Lynds
Post a Comment