Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In Honor of Valentine's Day ... I give you an almost Frisky Krew Quotable



I like a hot shower. Ok. I’ll admit, I like a LLLOOOONNNNGGGG hot shower. It’s great alone time. I pray, I think, I close my eyes. The time just ticks by. Unfortunatley, I am married to the shower police. His job is to time every shower that is taken in the house, pound on the doors, and shout reminders at the shower-ees. (Lucky for me, he leaves for work before I take my weekday showers hehehehe!)

This weekend, I was taking my long leisurely shower, minding my own business, eyes closed, successfully steaming up the mirror and the window, daydreaming I was somewhere tropical, when Officer Jim popped his head into the bathroom and shouted something at me. Through the drumming sound of the shower spray, I was certain I heard: “Sexy Thang! Sexy Thang!” What was that? - Really? …. Is that really what I heard?….. A frisky comment - from the shower police - with a southern twang on a Sunday morning even! (I know I know. I can see my daughters covering their ears shouting lalalalalala!) Well, this was far from the normal, you-are-taking-too-long-of-a-shower announcement. So I turned off the water and called the Officer back to clarify his comment. And as I suspected, I had heard wrong. What I failed to hear correctly was him shouting “Septic Tank! Septic Tank!” Yup. That sounds more like my shower police husband of 23 years ….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LALALALALALALALALA!!!

Great story!! I love it!!!

Susie

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! hilarious!!

Barb said...

Oh my word, I'm laughing my head off. LOL

CK said...

I am literally laughing out loud!! Hahahahahaha! That is so funny! Thanks for sharing!