Sunday, November 25, 2007

Madness


“What’s wrong with this picture” you might be asking …. Well, first of all, it is a picture of TRAFFIC and traffic is AWAYS wrong. But THIS particular traffic happens to be at 1:00 AM! And that is wrong in the very wrongest way. And why would I know about this 1:00 AM traffic??? Because I was IN IT, along with 8 dear family folk. We braved the 32 degrees and the late hour - and this even after a full day of turkey festivities with 20something OTHER dear family folk. For what you are asking? To descend upon the Moonlight Madness sale that was only 20 minutes south of our Thanksgiving haven. However, 20 minutes was NOT to be on this fine night. The commute turned into 2 HOURS as every other citizen of the Pacific Northwest decided to descend upon the Madness as well. Nonetheless, we lived to tell about it, and we even learned things along the way - things we will want to remember for next year …

Ten things we learned in the Madness:
1. Mishell is a shop worthy addition to our Black Friday group
2. We were correct in choosing to park in the lot and not on the side of the freeway with the MADest of shoppers, some of which were later towed by the Happy Towing Company.
3. Sleep deprived shoppers may find themselves discussing “weasels” and “easels” over breakfast.
4. Never attempt to buy a laptop computer at 3am. It is so not worth it.
5. Kayla wins the Bravery Award for getting us into the exit lane in front of hundreds of angry exiters.
6. If a store opens at midnight, it is not necessary to be there AT midnight. 3:00 am will suffice. Maybe even 3:30, or how about 9:45?
7. Laughing and loving your cousins, sisters, daughters, mothers, is a fun thing - even in 2 hour traffic at midnight.
8. Some shoppers in our group (cough-VicBecAmandaEmma-cough) have shopping stamina like no other! Hoot Hoot!
9. Next year, we will nap first, and shop later!
10. We still love you, Vic!!! Please come next year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I recall, those shoppers with the most "stamina".....didn't get much accomplished for their efforts..........susie

Anonymous said...

Such a perfect picture to bring back the this memorable event. I think I'll print it and put it in my album as a reminder. But in spite of that long night, I give thanks to all for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Mom

Anonymous said...

this was sure a night (and morning) to remember! and even though i remember my head dropping to the denny's dining table as i said (very pathetically,) "i feel like i'm gonna die...." i had a BLAST with my fun family! i'll never forget my cousin who is "16 with cramps and a foot swell" or vicki using the word "rule" in place of "suburban." i love you all and we're so lucky we're all so hilarious or we might not get along so well!! :) love you, kayla

Anonymous said...

Probably one of the most crazy things in the world, that I'm never gunna forget ever ever ever. Who's up for next year???!!!!! - Emmmma

Tennismomof 3 said...

Hi Becky! This is cousin Cindy in Ohio. Although I recognize some in the photos, many I do not. Has been way too long.... Take care, say hi to everyone from the Ohio side of the family!