
Based on a real phone call this past week ....
Hello, Mrs. H. This is Mr. Associate Principal at the high school (uh oh.....) and I just wanted to tell you what happened with Amanda today (AHHHH!, what what WHAT?!?!?! Im thinking while he quickly continues ....) It's nothing bad (WHEW!) But someone noticed her car in the lot had it's keys in the ignition and the motor was running. So we initially thought she might have been kidnapped (GULP! Sweating here, a little dizzy, too) So, anyway, we called her into the office and spoke with her about it. Is she anxious about anything? Something out of the ordinary going on? Was the morning a typical one for her? ("Uh - yes, just the normal banter with her sister, ate breakfast, wasn't late leaving the house or anthing like that..." I wonder if HE is wondering about the funny way she dresses, or wears her hair on her head like a flower pot - refer to picture) Ok, well would you just talk with her about how she is doing just to be sure that something specific isn't bothering her .... Oh, and we also noticed she had a knife (WHAT!!!!????) hanging on her keychain. "Oh, you mean a little jacknife - oh shoot, I'm sorry Mr. AP, I'm sure that was just the one she got from her grandpa's momento drawer ...." Oh, ok, we aren't going to make a big deal about it, but we did have her remove it and we have it here in the office, so if you could just talk with her and check that there isn't something big going on to upset her (Uh, well, I think THIS episode will be exactly THAT! lol)
P.S. All was well - just distracted by a favorite song playing on the radio that apparently drowned out the obvious sound of the engine running ....... grrrrr
Stay tuned for other blogworthy teenager moments in the future .... and feel free to share some of your own!
2 comments:
Thank you for completing the picture we all had in our minds about this "look" Maddie had! Bec, you are such a good writer...
Love, Deb
I love it!
Love,
Aunt Jenny
Post a Comment