Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Spr-ummer Day



82 degrees.
I got to work in the sun today with sunscreen, bees, and sweat! But I know it's just a day to tease me with summer a-coming, for this is Oregon and the rain and chill will be back.

Some highlights to share .....
Working side by side with a growing collection of mud wasps who were joyously buzzing because I was unearthing the mud they've been waiting for. I told those bees I would quit if any one of them stung me, but they just did a few fly bys and let me bee (ha ha).
Finding the lone peonie bush - one of the original surprise flowers from our first year here (1994), back when I didn't have a clue what it was, and it still pops up faithfully every Spring.
Sitting with a tall iced coke, admiring the 15 feet of weedless flower bed completed this time around and letting Joe spill water from his bucket on my feet - he even took the water from a warm faucet for me!
Watching Joe leap through the sprinkler instead of letting the spray reach one little toe (like when he was 4.)
But the best tidbit from my day in the sun, was Joe listening to this song by The Proclaimers for the umpteenth time .....

And I would walk 500 miles,
and I would walk 500 more,
just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
to fall down at your door .....

"Mommy, I wonder why he just doesn't ride his bike."

Thank you God for a day of sun, and a smile because of my little boy ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

joes cute....

Anonymous said...

joes cute....