Sunday, February 15, 2026

The Plans

 

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" Jeremiah 29:11

We watched as 160 newly hatched turtles scooted toward the water on huge little flippers.  The waves would push some up shore, flip others onto their backs while some were snatched away by seagulls.  "Only one or two out of a thousand will make it" we were told.    We stood with the crowd of spectators shooing away seagulls, while the refuge helpers righted the flipped babies onto their fronts, and helped others along by carrying them closer to the water.   Did it increase the odds?  I hope so!

Life.  Not usually what we planned.   I think of the times I've flailed about, moved backwards instead of forwards, and the many times lies have tried to snatch me from truth. But thank God for the helpers.  And the Hope.  

  

No comments: