Most anyone who knows me, knows that snow is something that I require every winter to make the season complete. I wait for it with great excitement – not the dread that so many others do because of the shoveling, the cold, missing work, or stressing about safely navigating yukky roads. I hear all of you snow haters chiming in about now .....
But this is Oregon. Not just Oregon, but the banana belt of Oregon – where the anticipation of a snow storm is often dashed because, well, it’s Oregon. Yes, Oregon snow has managed to interrupt life a time or two (just ask me about my first labor and delivery story during the “Siberian Blast” of 1989 or Jim's 8 hour commute home from work in 2018).
But I’ve determined I’m just snow greedy.
Anyway … one morning this week, the cute string of snowflake lights were dimming in my office, so I put in a fresh set of batteries. And wouldn’t you know it? ZING! A snowflake appeared on my apple phone weather app’s 10 day forecast. But did it have to appear on the day I’m flying on a jet plane to a place where palm trees grow??? Oh well. Wanting the best of both worlds! Thankfully, weather apps can be pretty unreliable (and several hours later, the snowflake disappeared). I will continue to watch.
For now, I’ll reminisce about the Big Bear days of my childhood – where I fell in love with snow. It’s a miracle I love it at all amidst the vivid memories I have of being pummeled by snow balls thrown by my big bothers. Not that I was a drama queen at all ………………….
6 comments:
I’m hoping for snow also! Hopefully it waits for your return from palm tree land! ❄️🌴
Love reading your thoughts
Remember Mt Hood is close by and you can get a good dose of snow up there! ❄️❄️❄️
I’m hoping for snow when you return!!
Now that I work from home and don't have to commute, you can have your snow. It is pretty....
I remember the Big Bear cabin days and building a snow fort with you. The only snow I get anymore is the occasional flurry at our desert cabin.
Post a Comment