
Well here it is the end of February and I have finally got a photo on my blog. Here I am looking through the fronds of my very own little palm tree - a gift for a recent milestone birthday I had ..... Palm trees not only remind me of sunny, warm places, but the happy family home I had as a little girl in So. California. My dad planted a tiny palm tree in the front yard when we first moved in. Every special event (birthdays, confirmations, graduations, recent tooth loss, etc) we were posed in front of our family palm tree. Well, we have long since moved from that home, but that palm tree now towers over the whole housing track. So maybe my little palm will be a back drop for photos of special days to come .....
3 comments:
Hi Becky and family... I am honored to be the first to leave a comment on your blog. I liked what you said about the palm tree at our old house - makes me want to plant one somewhere! - Jenny
And to think that I get to enjoy that palm tree when I go home and visit the old neighborhood. Yes, it's grown. cap
Your palm tree story reminds me how I take it for granted that they are
all around me and how much I would miss them if I ever had to move away.
Post a Comment